I’ve owned this house since early 2001; the prior owners, the Mancusos, lived in it for 47 years. It’s been well-maintained and the neighbors are wonderful. I’m hoping to not go through a realtor, so be aware of that and decide if you’re comfortable with a private sale.
- I will hire a real estate attorney to make sure all the paperwork is in order on my end; you will need to take appropriate measures for your own side of the deal.
- Price will include discounts for some needed updates (like upstairs carpet, basement trim, etc.)
- I strongly prefer that you are pre-approved for financing.
- My ideal closing date is around August 1.
- Scroll to the bottom for an image gallery.
About the house
- Year built: 1925
- Exterior: Siding
- Natural gas furnace, central air
- One-car, detached garage
- Small but private back yard
- Listed square footage: 1,328 (excludes finished areas of basement)
- Schools: Roosevelt/Longfellow/East
- 2014 property taxes: $4,377
- Trulia public information w/comparables, etc.
All measurements are close but approximate
- Living room: 14×21
- Dining room: 12×15
- Kitchen: 10×12
- Sunroom: 7×9
- Bathroom (one total): About 6.5×9
- Master bedroom (upper level): 12×18
- Bedroom 2: 10×11
- Bedroom 3: 10×10
- Den (basement): 11×14
- “Office” (basement): 10×14
- Laundry room: 12×16
- 2015: New central air and total duct/furnace cleaning (I change the filter every year)
- 2015: New paint through most of ground floor, new floors in kitchen/back hallway
- 2014: Windows and exterior trim repainted, new front and back doorknobs and lock sets
- 2014: New garage door and opener
- 2013: New hot water heater
- 2013: New roof on house and garage (tear-off), with soffit and facia repaired/replaced as needed. 50-year parts AND labor, one-time transferable warranty on roof
- 2012: New Anderson storm doors
- 2012: Partial basement remodel (new owner will want to finish)
Other nice stuff
- Right off North Avenue; our corner is Indulgence Chocolates and Camp Bar
- All hardwood floors on ground floor
- Cute faux fireplace
- Oak buffet in dining room
- Lead glass french doors from living room to sun room
- Stained glass high windows above mantle
- Small patio in back yard
- All appliances included: washer and dryer, stove and fridge
- Lawn mower, ladders and other yard items could be left for new owner
- Established, small herb garden with several perennials
- Low-maintenance yard
- Laundry chute!
- Pull-out cutting board in kitchen (aka “Tosa counter space”)